The Samsung Wave II S8530 is the successor to the impressive Samsung Wave S8500. The S8530 comes with a larger display and an updated OS that manages to iron out many of the previous issues on the S8500. The Wave II sports a 3.7 inch Super Clear LCD display with 480 x 800 pixels. The mobile features Bada 1.2 OS with Samsung's proprietaryTouchWiz 3.0 UI. The S8530 comes with three home screens, that accept live widgets showing the latest Facebook feeds, weather updates and breaking news.
The 5 megapixel camera on the Samsung Wave II can record 720p HD videos at 30 fps. Other camera functionalities include an LED flash, Face and Smile detection, Image stabilization and touch focus. The Samsung Wave II is powered by an ARM Cortex 1 GHz processor that offers enhanced 3D graphics and lag free multitasking.
- 3.7" 16M-color Super Clear LCD capacitive touchscreen, WVGA (480 x 800 pixels), multi-touch input, scratch-resistant glass surface
- Slim and solid metal body
- Bada OS 1.2 with Samsung Apps
- ARM Cortex A8 based 1GHz CPU
- Quad-band GSM support with dual-band HSPA
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n connectivity with WPS support, Wi-Fi tethering
- Built-in GPS receiver with A-GPS support, digital compass, Samsung LBS powered by ROUTE 66
- 5 MP autofocus camera with touch focus and LED flash, geotagging, face, smile and blink detection
- 720p video recording at 30fps
- 2GB internal storage, microSDHC card slot
- Standard microUSB port and Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
- Standard 3.5mm audio jack, TV out
- Stereo FM radio with RDS, FM recording
- Webkit-based Samsung Dolphin Browser 2.0 with Flash support
- YouTube client, Facebook and Twitter integration
- DivX/XviD video support
- Good audio quality
- Limited number of available applications
- Super Clear LCD can’t match SuperAMOLED
- Card slot under the battery
- No lens protection
- SatNav software only a 30-day trial
- No ambient light sensor to adjust screen brightness automatically
- Poor loudspeaker performance
Wave II over original Wave
- Latest Bada OS 1.2
- Swype-like T9 Trace text input
- Over-the-Air software updates
- Larger 3.7" touchscreen
This Bada OS Phone is available at a price of Rs.14,085/- in India.
Let us know what do you think about the phone below in comments.